Just off Rosemead Boulevard in a quiet, semi-industrial section of the San Gabriel Valley is the unexpected sight of the oldest Protestant cemetery in Southern California, Savannah Memorial Park. Operated on a volunteer basis by descendants of the pioneer residents and considered a source of bad luck by superstitious Asian neighbors, the graveyard desperately needs your support and attention if it's to remain open for public visits, and well maintained. Next Saturday, January 23, 2010 at 10am, Savannah hosts its Annual Meeting at the El Monte Historical Museum, 3150 Tyler Avenue, El Monte, California. We'll be rolling with our Weird West Adams tour that day, but encourage interested folks to attend and get involved with this extraordinary southland gem. For more info, visit the cemetery website. More photos from our recent visit are here.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Esotouric visits the Fairmount Cemetery
- Visit scenic Savannah Memorial Park
- Musso & Frank dials it back to the 1940s for late night snacks and tipples
- Toronto Star covers Esotouric’s Lowdown on Downtown tour
- oronto Star covers Esotouric’s Lowdown on Downtown tour… and the lost promise of Richard Schave’s Art Walk leadership
- Hello world! on